Job Opening: Iowa Field Director
2020 Presidential candidate John Delaney is hiring a Field Director (FD) in Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to lead and grow a burgeoning field operation in the first in the nation caucus state and exposure on a national campaign. The FD will be responsible for supervising Regional Field Directors (RFD’s) and Field Organizers (FO’s) as well as executing the field plan for the Iowa Caucus operation. This position will be based out of Des Moines.
- Recruiting, training and managing a team of RFD’s and FO’s across the state.
- Implementing and executing a robust, data-driven statewide field operation.
- Building and tracking relationships with local community leaders.
- Planning, organizing and hosting outreach events.
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to multitask.
- At least 2 cycles of field experience, preferably in Iowa.
- At least 1 cycle managing staff.
- Familiarity with the Iowa Caucuses or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with VAN including tracking performance,
cutting turf, creating lists and entering data.
- Experience working with and managing staff, interns, and
- Ability to multi-task, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A good sense of humor and strong interest in and commitment to electing progressive Democratic candidates.